Information about Hillcroft Park
The “Website” shall mean the web site operated by or on behalf of Hillcroft Park. (hereinafter "we/us/our") for your use, whether as a guest or a registered user. Hillcroft Park is a limited company registered in England and Wales, VAT No: 133437529 with a registered office address of Hillcroft Park, Pooley Bridge, Ullswater, CA10 2LT, United Kingdom.
Accessing our site
Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the information we provide on the Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Use of and reliance on information posted
We grant you permission to download the information on to a computer and to make one hard copy of the information for reference purposes only. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Any of the material on the Website may be out of date or include omissions, inaccuracies or other errors at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. Commentary and other materials posted on the Website site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed.
You shall hold in confidence all information obtained from the secure areas of the Website (“Confidential Information”). You agree to treat the Confidential Information with the same degree of care (and no less than reasonable care) that you apply to your own confidential information. You may only disclose the Confidential Information:
- to those of your directors, officers and employees who have a strict need to know the same in connection with work relating to the development and testing of solutions implementing our technology;
- in accordance with our written authorisation; and
- as required by law, including by a court, regulatory or government body of competent jurisdiction, provided that (unless otherwise prohibited from doing so) you notify us promptly in writing of such required disclosure, and co-operate with us regarding the timing and content of any such disclosure provided always that you shall be responsible for ensuring that any third party to whom the Confidential Information is disclosed is made aware of the confidential nature of the information and (unless otherwise prohibited from doing so under these terms) agree to comply with these terms, and the obligations of confidentiality contained herein. However, you may disclose Confidential Information to a person in another legal entity provided that an officer or employee of that entity is a separately bound by these terms. It will be your responsibility to check if such third parties are registered prior to any such disclosure and you agree to indemnify us in respect of any and all costs, claims, loss or damage which result directly or indirectly as a result of a breach of this clause. If you wish to establish whether a third party is registered, we may, at our sole discretion provide you with confirmation of this on receiving a written request.
The restrictions on use or disclosure of the Confidential Information are not applied to:
- any information which is in, or has passed into, the public domain other than by a breach of these terms or any other duty of confidentiality owed to us;
- any information which you can clearly demonstrate by means of contemporaneous written record was already in your possession prior to our disclosing such information to you;
- any information which you can clearly demonstrate by means of contemporaneous written record has been independently developed by you or has been acquired by you from a third party and such party was free to disclose it to others.
We may terminate your right to use the Confidential Information at any time by written notice where we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are in breach of any of your obligations under these terms. As soon as reasonably practicable after receiving such notice of termination, you agree to destroy all Confidential Information in your possession and confirm to us in writing that you have done so.
Following termination (for whatever reason), the obligations of confidentiality contained in these terms shall continue to apply for a period of 3 years from the date of termination.
The obligations are in addition to any other obligations of confidentiality contained in any other agreements in force from time to time.
You may make comments, where allowed, on our website but you agree:
not to make or encourage comments which are:
- defamatory, false or misleading;
- insulting, threatening or abusive;
- obscene or of a sexual nature;
- offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory against any religions or other groups.
- not to submit confidential or private information. For example, you must not upload the telephone number, email address or any other contact details of any person.
- not to write anything which could prejudice pending or on-going court proceedings of which you are aware.
- not to use any comments for the purposes of advertising, sponsorship, petition, campaign, scheme or chain message
- not to pretend to be someone else (e.g. an expert, another user or a member of our team). If you have a personal connection to a story or topic, you should disclose your connection or, where appropriate, not comment at all.
- not to insert links to websites (URLs) or submit content which would be an infringement of copyright.
Any comments that violate our Terms may, not published or if later found to be in violation of our Terms may be removed. If we do remove something, we will generally remove whole posts, or where necessary, whole threads (not parts). This means that even if only one sentence is objectionable, the whole comment will usually not be published (or removed).
If accessing any part of the Website requires you to enter a password you agree:
- to ensure that any details that you supply to us to register for such access are accurate;
- to let us know promptly if any of the details about you that you have supplied to us change; and
- to keep any personal login name and any password confidential, and to be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of your login and/or password by any third party.
We reserve the right to terminate your access to password protected areas of our website.
We accept no liability whatsoever in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss or damage caused by or arising directly or indirectly in connection with any use or reliance on the contents of the Website, except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law. We have no control over, and therefore accept no responsibility for, the content of any third party website.
Nothing in these terms shall exclude our liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees.
Always check the information:
Neither Hillcroft Park nor any other party providing material displayed on this website make any warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or currency of that material. Hillcroft Park and each party providing material displayed on this site disclaim liability to all persons in relation to any loss or damage suffered in connection with that material. You should make your own enquires before entering into any transaction on the basis of the contents of this website. Hillcroft Park uses good faith efforts not to make inaccurate statements at the date such statements are made but inevitably there is simplification, and circumstances change. Hillcroft Park does not systematically update or check the accuracy of the contents of this site, and neither Hillcroft Park nor any other party providing material displayed on this site is under any obligation to give notice of any corrections or amendments. You grant to Hillcroft Park an irrevocable right and world-wide, royalty free licence to copy and adapt any material you generate through use of any feedback facility, to the extent necessary to provide the facilities, or to promote the facilities or any other service of Hillcroft Park.
Beware security risks:
The world wide web exists across insecure public networks and there is a risk that files obtained from or through this site may contain computer viruses or other defects, and that transmissions to or from this site may be intercepted and modified by third parties.
Transactions concluded through our site
Contracts for the supply of goods, services or information formed as a result of visits made by you are governed by separate terms and conditions notified to you during the relevant transaction.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Law and jurisdiction