URGENT POOLEY ‘New’ BRIDGE UPDATE:
- Temporary footbridge at Pooley Bridge closes for good on Mon 7 September
- It will be removed totally between Mon 7-Sat 12 September
- Please note – during this time, the temporary car park at Waterfoot will only be open to Ullswater Steamers’ ticket holders to park
- After the 12 September, one pavement across Pooley New Bridge will open for pedestrian access
SHUTTLE BUSES FOR ULLSWATER STEAMERS PASSENGERS ONLY
- From Mon 7 – Sat 12 September, Ullswater Steamer ticket holders can access shuttle buses connecting the Steamer Pier to Pooley Bridge and vice versa – they can ONLY use the shuttle on the day of their boat cruise
- PIER HOUSE SIDE: The bus leaves 15 minutes after the boat lands at the pier. Passengers will have to walk ten minutes from the pier house to the temp car park opposite Waterfoot.
- POOLEY BRIDGE VILLAGE SIDE: The bus will depart from the village by the church.
- The dwell time now in the village is approx. 1 hour 30 minutes